Complementary Gift Card Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions govern the contract between you (the recipient of the Gift Card(s)) and us (MIKOS GYROS FRANCHISING LIMITED, company number 13410766, trading as Mikos Gyros (us or we) for the provision of complementary gift cards (Gift Card(s)). Please read them carefully before using a Gift Card.
2. The Gift Cards can be used by the person receiving them at participating Mikos Gyros restaurants throughout the UK (Restaurant(s)).
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
3. Your use of your Gift Card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions of our Gift Cards at any time and this does not affect your legal rights. It is your responsibility to look at these Gift Card terms and conditions from time to time to ensure you are aware of any amendments that may have been made.
4. The value of the Gift Card is not transferable to any other person and each Gift Card can only be used by you.
5. Gift Cards may be used to pay for the whole or any part of a purchase in one of our Restaurants. In the case of part payments, you will be required to pay for the outstanding amount of the purchase by an alternative method, which is accepted by the Restaurant.
6. Gift Cards cannot be used for online orders or purchases.
7. Gift Cards can only be used in a single purchase.
8. No change will be given if the order is for less than the value of the Gift Card. Any remaining balance on the card is lost after purchase.
9. The Gift Card cannot be exchanged for cash.
10. Your Gift Card is only valid for the period of time stated on the Gift Card. A Gift Card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed. We have no obligation to remind you of a Gift Card’s expiry date nor to replace it with a further Gift Card.
11. It is your sole responsibility to keep your Gift Card safe. In cases where your Gift Card is lost or stolen, we will not replace or reimburse any balance that may be remaining on a Gift Card. We will not be responsible for any balance lost on your Gift Card as a result of either fraud or theft.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
12. We do not exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, including:
a) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees;
b) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
c) for a breach of your legal rights to receive products which are: as described and match the information we have provided to you, are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their intended purpose.
13. We will not be liable for any loss:
a) resulting from any Restaurant refusing the Gift Cards;
b) resulting from any Restaurant refusing to supply or making or supplying defective items purchased using your Gift Cards; or
c) resulting from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
14. Our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the provision of the Gift Cards shall in no circumstances exceed the value attributed to your Gift Card.
CANCELLATION BY US
13. We reserve the right, at any time, to suspend, restrict or cancel your Gift Cards or refuse to issue or replace any Gift Cards if:
a) we suspect that your Gift Cards are being used in an unauthorised or fraudulent manner;
b) if you have failed to comply with these terms and conditions;
c) in the event of exceptional circumstances which prohibit the normal operation of the Gift Cards; or
d) if you are a business, you have failed to pay any sums due to us when payable.
15. If we are delayed in or prevented from carrying out our duties under these terms by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to reduce the amount of your order, to defer the delivery date or to end these terms. Where we are no long able to fulfil an order, we will ensure we fully refund you.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
16. Any personal data that we may use or store in relation to your use of a Gift Card will be used or stored in accordance with current applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
17. All the clauses and sub clauses in these terms and conditions are independent of each other. If one clause or sub clause is invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect any other clause or sub clause.
18. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, and are governed by and in accordance with English law.
19. You agree with us that your contract with us and any dispute arising under it will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.